I'm reading a book called "The Power of a Half Hour" by Tommy Barnett
These are just some of my notes and things that I'm now beginning to integrate into my life for Personal Growth and change in my Everyday Habits.
The Premiss is this:
That..."your half hours can determine the difference between success and failure. Your half hours direct and shape your future." (pg. xii)
"Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back." - Harvey Mackay
Now the things to use while reading this book:
1. Begin reading this book in half-hour spaces. Whether you do a couple spaces a day or one, schedule these spaces out.
2. If something stands out to you and is personally helpful, write it down. As well as write down what you need to do to make those changes.
3. Pray. Make sure you are incorporating God while reading this book, asking him to help you use, reflect, and remember to act on what he teaches you while reading this book and in all that he asks you to do.
4. Tell someone what you're doing as far as this book is concerned. Ask someone who you are close with to keep you accountable in following what you are learning as well as that you are keeping to these 4 principles.
So who am I going to ask to keep me accountable? For now it will be my fiance until such time as a find a close business partner and brother in Christ...which I guess I will begin actively praying for (it'll probably help if I begin to go back to church).
Well, this is my half hour, and these are my notes.
Things to do now:
1. Begin looking at how I spend my half-hour spaces (remember time is precious). Also begin setting half-hour spaces to get things done (like devotions, learning spanish, making calls to set appointments, chores, etc.).
2. Pray that God shows me my new best friend and business partner who we can keep each other accountable and grow in Christ together.
3. Get the money to buy this book (and keep coming to barnes and noble to read until I am able to).
4. Get a daily planner. Not an electronic one, like an app, but something I can actually write in and begin setting goals (need money for that too).
5. Go back to church
Next to Read: Part 1 - The Power of Half Hour to Impact Your Life
No comments:
Post a Comment